Plan Your Luxury Holiday to the Whitsundays
Located in the Heart of the infamous Great Barrier Reef, the Whitsundays are comprised of 74 mostly untouched island wonders. With trips to the reef and accommodation options abounding, of course the Whitsundays are at the top of your holiday list!
Let us help you design the destination getaway of your dreams.
What to Pack
Being in a tropical climate, our weather can range from sunny to rainy in a day. During winter we have beautiful, moderate temperatures with hardly any rain. It does occasionally get cold at night, so bring at least a light jumper. Here are a few items we would recommend:
During the summer it can fluctuate quickly between being sunny and being stormy, so at least bring a good pair of waterproof shoes just in case! Here are a few items we would recommend:
- Winter is the best time to visit the Whitsundays, as it's guaranteed to be bountifully sunny when the rest of the country is wrapped up and cold! And bonus: there's less tourists!
- Fly into Proserpine, or Whitsunday Coast Airport if you're wanting to come to Airlie Beach.
- You can also fly onto Hamilton Island if you'd like to stay on one of the four inhabited islands in the Whitsundays!
- We're located right on the main street of Airlie between the Woolies and Macca's - stop in and say hello when you arrive!
We know all the ins and outs of the hotels and sources of accommodation here, and we know which ones to choose and which to avoid!
Here are our recommended places:
- Mirage Whitsundays: Stay in one of their luxurious Villas or Penthouses for a truly indulgent experience.
- Pinnacles Resort: For the most amazing view (especially if you get a room with a spa bath that overlooks the horizon), Pinnacles.
If you're looking for something a bit more out of the way and relaxed, this airbnb is our tried and true favourite. Beautifully designed, reasonably priced, with option to sit in the jacuzzi or sauna, add a massage, and a wood-fired pizza dinner. Bring your own wine!
Of course you're going to need a catch-all bag for all your bits and bobs as you're traveling. Why not try this one?
What To Do
The Whitsundays are obviously the place to snorkel and scuba, so here's our curated list of trips.
- Looking for something a little more unique and lavish? Try the Ride to Paradise, the ultimately exclusive 2-day, 2-night all-inclusive combo. May we recommend the Rainforest Retreat, a private accommodation with a beautiful and private outdoor bathtub?
- Wary of the crowds of tourists everywhere, and interested in a guided scuba expedition (no experience necessary)? Look no further than the boutique Illusions 2 Whitsundays.
- Not much of a swimmer? Take a romantic scenic flight above the islands with GSL Scenic Flights to truly get the best view.
If you're looking for a more casual, yet action-packed experience, a local favourite is Ocean Rafting.
Our sun is mighty up here and you'll need to cover up, why not go with one of our luxurious kaftans so you can be safe and stylish?
Where to Eat
The Whitsundays have an amazing array of cuisine, you simply need to know where to find it! Here are the places we go back to time and time again.
- For a quaint cafe breakfast, we recommend Fat Frog. Take the beautiful foreshore walk from Airlie into Cannonvale, and you'll quickly find a hidden treasure.
- For a delicious and convenient breakfast, head to the Deck. Plus, they make a fantastic coffee!
- For lunch or dinner, we recommend Northerlies. Built as an amazing indoor-outdoor experience with only the freshest choices for food (and the best alcohol selection) and exceptional service, you won't be disappointed. And, they have a regular courtesy shuttle bus stopping throughout Airlie and Cannonvale. Our hot tip? Make a reservation for right around sunset and request a table along the exterior edge.
- For a more lush feed, head to Paradise Cove Resort. Located inside a beautiful resort, you'll get a delicious meal with a stunning oceanfront view.
- For a high-quality drink (or two...) with delicious, meaty meals, head to Breeze Bar. Conveniently located on the main street with the most flamboyant of staff, you're bound to have an endlessly good night when you're under their wing.
If you're going for a more decadent dinner, these earrings are sure to complete any look.